Policy for the use of facilities of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church for which contributions may be requested to cover extra costs.
- The use of facilities of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church shall be under the jurisdiction of the Executive Committee of the Church and the supervision of the Administrative Pastor.
- Priority will be given to congregational events – such as worship services, meetings and activities of the congregation and its auxiliaries. No charge will be made, or contributions requested, for such use.
- No charges will be made, or contributions requested, for use by the “extra-congregational” church (conference, district, synod, intersynodical agencies and groups, ecumenical groups, etc.), or for use by Non-profit and public service groups whose objectives are deemed by the program staff to be complementary to those of the congregation and who have no access to funds for this purpose.
- No contributions will be expected for funerals and anniversaries of marriages, or for birthdays of person, or member’s immediate families, 70 years or older.
- For more private parties such as showers, baptismal dinners, confirmation dinners, etc. – Damage deposit and custodial charges will apply.
- No tables or chairs should be loaned our, except to Luther Haven, as previous arrangements have been made for them to borrow the old tables when needed.
- The Administrative Pastor in consultation with the Executive Committee shall determine all exceptions to these policies.
Updated November 2005
Examples of Use of Church Facilities
Sanctuary – Bethany Hall and Kitchen – 3:00 p.m. Sunday
Charge would be $175.00. No charge for rehearsal on previous Saturday.
Swim Team Banquet
Fireside Room and Kitchen – Sunday – 5:00 p.m.
No charge – Custodial Fee only
Gold Duster’s Banquet
Bethany Hall and Kitchen – Saturday – 5:00-9:30 p.m. – No charge – Custodial Fee only
Political Parties – No charge – Custodial Fee only
County Extension (homemakers)
Charge if they have funds
Piano Recitals – Member’s students
Sanctuary and Bethany Hall with Kitchen or Fireside Room – No charge
We ask those scheduling recitals to pay to tune the piano.